DeFreest House



 

The DeFreest House represents a very early Dutch settlement home/farmhouse with the first room originally built in the 1740's and the front portion (the brick portion) built in 1765 utilizing brick that was made in Europe and used as ballast in the Dutch fur trading ships which crossed the Atlantic and sailed up the Hudson. The house was restored through the generosity of an RPI Alumnus. All of the RPI owned properties are managed from this building.